Photobucket

If you are viewing this page you ARE NOT viewing the newly redesigned Chester County Moms site. To view the new site please update your bookmark and visit www.chescomomsblog.blogspot.com

We Have Moved!

Please visit us at
www.chestercountymoms.com

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Catching up with old friends...

Sunday was a yucky rainy day, but a perfect day for staying in a watching a DVD. Lucky for me my daughter had a super fun birthday party Sunday afternoon at Bounce U and she wore herself out. We were not home for long before she was asking to take a nap. Gotta love that!

My husband and I watched Sex And The City while the kids were napping. I saw it on opening day with 20 of my girl friends. We got all dolled up and hit the town after.. Downingtown, that is. It was a big night out for 20 moms with toddlers.

My husband always watched the series with me on Sunday nights. Pre-kids, I was so Carrie. Shoes, bags, clothes...Good times! Good times!
Anyway.. in fear of having to turn in his "man-card" if he saw the movie in the theatre, he waited for the DVD release to watch in the comfort of our own home. He went out this morning and got a copy of the DVD. I am SURE he told the clerk that waited on him that the DVD was a gift for me. Just to save face.

When the theme music played during the opening credits. I was talking and he shhh'd me. He actually shh'd me! He was totally into the movie from the first word spoken and was just as happy to see the girls back together as I was.
The "wedding" scene was a really intense moment for him. He was talking back to the TV like he does while watching football. Too funny!

All and all, it was a great day and a relaxing afternoon for us. I definitely recommend the movie, even if you never watched the TV series. The intro brings you up to speed on who is who in the movie.

No comments: